Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Lovely Spring, Terrible Allergies



I am usually able to get out of bed easily in the mornings, even when I'm extra tired or sick. I've been feeling differently this week. It feels like a rut or a slump. I thought it was because I've been working overtime and it was finally hitting me. Walking to work this morning, I thought about how I need to rest this weekend and enjoy myself. I need to sleep in and take time to get some things done around the house -- then I would feel better. It was only as I rubbed my eyes while appreciating the greenery and the flowers in bloom that I realized that it was allergies.


I love my walk to work. I've been walking for 9 months now. It took me ten minutes longer to get to work when I first started walking because I was taking in everything around me. It wasn't that long ago that I was living in a city of 10 million people and endless apartment buildings -- some reaching a height of 32 floors. American houses still hold my attention although I now need the support of allergy medicine to exist comfortably as the outside world comes back to life.


I'm hoping that this bout of allergies passes quickly and painlessly. I'm hoping that the swelling of my eyes goes down and they stop itching like mad. I'd like to be able to go outside and not feel like I'm a character in an M. Night Shyamalan film. Once I get a doctor set up, I plan on asking for allergy shots. In the meantime, I am a sleepy, swollen-eyed shell of my former self -- but the trees are still pretty.


2 comments:

  1. The trees do look very pretty. I hope you feel better/manage to get your allergy shots soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...