Sunday, May 7, 2017

Pho Le in Aurora


The cafe at H-Mart in Aurora was still closed for remodeling when we went grocery shopping today. I hope they open again soon, but there is a fantastic pho restaurant just across the parking lot that makes up for not being able to fulfill our Korean food cravings. One of my co-workers told me that it has the best pho in the Denver area. I have had pho maybe once or twice before, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it was definitely very tasty. I've been missing out on so much! The broth and the noodles were delicious. They bring your soup out with a little tray of bean sprouts, lime, basil, and peppers. The basil and lime add a lot of good flavor to your soup. The beef was a little bland--I would order just noodles or maybe pork next time.


The restaurant itself has a good vibe. It's a bit like a diner. I find the colors and the light calming. There was a neat wall feature with bamboo plants that went well with the black, white, and green color scheme. We came in-between lunch and dinner, so we nearly had the place to ourselves. Toward the end of our meal, the early dinner crowd started to arrive. I wonder if it gets busy during peak restaurant times. Even though it's just about 15 minutes away from where we live in City Park West, the area seems far away and completely different from our neighborhood. I would gladly drive to Aurora anytime for some pho, bubble tea, or Vietnamese iced coffee with condensed milk.




2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty good pho place to me. I remember having it first thing in the morning in the floating markets on the Mekong. It made a really good breakfast, but the lady making it put stacks of chilli in my husband's - that really woke him up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pho would make a great breakfast! Mmmm, now I want to start making spicy mochas instead of coffee. Or maybe I'll just have spicy pho. I'm sure it would give an extra kick to start the day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...