Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Standley Lake


Last summer, we took a little day trip from Denver to Standley Lake in Westminster. It was only a 45-minute drive, and we had a great view of the mountains. The lake is also a campground with picnic tables and barbecue grills. I'd love to go back and grill burgers sometime. I'll be ready to fend off the geese at any moment. We hung out for awhile after eating our sandwich picnic, and the geese would not leave us alone. They started acting like they were going to charge, and we decided to leave. I'm a little embarrassed to say that we were driven off by geese, but I like to play it safe.



The Standley Lake Regional Park has an open landscape with a few trees here and there. It isn't what I'm used to coming from the Pacific Northwest, but now that I understand and appreciate Colorado's landscape a bit better, I'd be fine with camping there. It isn't as far out into nature as I'd like to go, but it's still very serene and pleasant. If you go on a hot day, be prepared to stay in the shade as much as possible. I still need to be better at living in Colorado and buy a sun hat. I also need sunblock with the highest SPF rating possible.



Even if it is man-made, it was nice to sit at the edge of a lake and watch the water coming in and going out as boats and kayaks went by.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...