Sunday, June 11, 2017

Steve's Snappin' Dogs


Saturday was exactly what I needed. I was stressed about getting things done at work, but I did not want to work overtime on the weekend. I realized that I was wearing myself out and would be a much better employee if I took the time off to sleep in, relax, and have fun. I do not regret this decision at all. Saturday morning I slept in until nearly 9:00--I have been known to wake up at 6:30 on the weekends. Brian and I had pancakes and watched HGTV after I enjoyed a nice walk with Kiki. I did a 45-minute yoga video and lounged around the house. By the time we decided to leave to see Wonder Woman, we realized we hadn't had lunch yet.



We always see this hot dog restaurant when we go grocery shopping at Sprouts on Colfax. I've been wanting to stop in and see what it's all about for awhile now. I suggested that we stop by and get a quick lunch before heading to the movies. This is another decision that I do not regret making. The food is what you would expect--greasy, cheap, and oh so delicious. Steve's Snappin' Dogs has a covered outdoor space with booths, picnic tables, and high tables. They also have at least 10 different kinds of hot dogs and a few other typical fast-food items. I got a hot dog version of a Reuben sandwich with onion rings. I would recommend it.



The atmosphere of Steve's was casual and fun. You can see above that Homer Simpson enjoys a hot dog in the corner as you place your order. A giant ice cream cone at the cash register reminds you that ice cream is also being served in this extravagant hot dog stand. It takes me back to the small-town dining experiences of my childhood. It's a great stop for anyone with a craving for a bit of grease and an indoor/outdoor vibe. They also serve beer, so if you're looking for a pint to catch up with friends, pull up a picnic table bench and take a seat.



We left the hot dog joint with our stomachs full and still made it to the movie on time. Wonder Woman was a fun summer film with great fight scenes. It's not every day that we get to see women star in a film, let alone engage in fight scenes usually reserved for the coolest of male action heroes. But as Wonder Woman herself says, "I'm the men who can."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...